Students will join us in our new state of the art building for their transition experience on Monday 15th July. Before then, many steps are being put in place to support this exciting move.
See below for important information and deadlines.
Year 6 Transition to Laurence Jackson School
Transition 15th July – 19th July
- Students will wear their normal Primary school uniform
- For PE lessons during transition students will need a plain t-shirt, sports shorts and trainers
- No jewellery apart from 1 pair of plain studs
- School bag to carry pencil case, bottle of water, books and other equipment.
- Students are not allowed chewing gum on the school site
- Students make their own way to and from Laurence Jackson School; see attached sheet with transport cost and times
- Parents bringing students by car must drop them off safely – as directed by staff
- Students should arrive at school between 8.15 and 8.30 am and report to the main entrance
- Students will need to bring £2.20 for a school lunch. (We would like all students to experience a school lunch, but they can bring packed lunch if they cannot be persuaded!). Water is available to drink with lunch but students can buy a drink for between 30p – 80p.
Students will pay their money into a cash loader, which will then allow them to use our biometric cashless lunch system. A free school meal will be available for eligible students
- If your child requires medication during a school week please contact Mrs Colman (first aid co-ordinator)
- Students will finish school at 3.00 pm except the last day of term Friday 19th July, when students depart at lunchtime
New term Tuesday 3rd September